Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about strokes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyow

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
US
I have a project to do that involves a curved line. The curve goes in a half-circle. The stroke of the curve needs to be large at one end then get narrower in the middle and then go back to large at the other end. I have searched this site but have not found any tips for doing this. Can this be done with a single line or am I going to have to perform this task by hand which will be difficult. Thanks for the help.

Hi dyow,

To achieve this you need a caligrahic brush. I experimented a little bit and probably found what you need.

1. See that the brush pallette is activated. Go to the little triangle at the righthand side of the palette. Select New Brush. A pop menu asks what kind of brush, select Caligraphic Brush.

2. Now you some information on your screen. This is about how the brush must act.

Give the brush a name.

I typed the following parameters:

Angle: 90°, Fixed
Roundness: 50%, Fixed
Diameter: 21 pt, Fixed

Click Ok to create the new brush

3. Now you created this brush you can apply the brush to your half circle. If your not happy with the behaviour. Have your 1/2 circle selected, go back to the little triangle and choose "options of selected object". The same options palette as before will give you the ability to change the look and the feel of your new brush.

4. If your happy you can save this as a new brush library. Next time you can use the same brush again and again.

hope this helps
Carlow

I experimented a little bit and probably found what you need."

Wow! That's why I love this forum! Star for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back