Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about signature blocks and saving forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffNight911

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2009
US
Good Evening,

I am a Marine stationed in North Carolina who is working on a form to make a weekly required process painless. I am creating the form on my home computer using Acrobat 8, but the document will mainly be used on government computers. I quickly put something together with a signature block and some other basic fields just to make sure it worked on the computers at work.

I have a couple issues. First, whenever I click on the signature block, NOTHING happens. It works fine on my home computer with Acrobat 8, but not at work. I can't tell if Acrobat is installed on the work computers because of the restrictions, however, I heard a rumor that Acrobat 4 is installed. I find it strange that my signature block doesn't work because I have a existing file that has a signature block and it works fine on the work computers. Right clicking on that file and going to properties says that it was created with Adobe Distiller 8- maybe that has something to do with it?

My second and last issue is not being able to save the form, only a blank copy. Googling this issue says a purchase of Lifecycle is necessary on the work computers, however, this again doesn't make sense to me because the existing file with the working signature block I mentioned earlier is able to save filled-out forms.

Your expert advice is greatly appreciated!

Adam

Is it Adobe READER 4 that's installed at work, and Adobe ACROBAT at home? That would likely make a big difference.

Also, the tool(s) you used to create the one at home may just not be compatible with such an old version at work. I mean, really, they need to upgrade. It's not a big deal to upgrade Acrobat Reader.. it's free. And that could very well solve your issue.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back