Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Raid controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrisbee

MIS
Jan 15, 2002
NL
Hello,

Can i get information out of my server about my raid controller.
I mean is there a tool to install under novell, ti "read" my raid configuration, without shutting down or restart my server.

I hope so

Raymond

Looking at my Server, best thing I can recommend is to go to Console Monitor and look at Disk Information and Server Parameters > Disk. I don't know if that will give you the info you're looking for, but you can try. To get more details on a choice, just hit enter. Escape to exit.

Hope that helps.
Catadmin - New to Server Admin, but willing to learn... All help is appreciated.

What type of server is it? If it is a Compaq, you can use CPQONLIN.NLM which will tell you what type of RAID controller you are running and in what configuration.

You can also use Compaq Insight Manager. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I have one dell server and one HP server, i did try the first solution from catadmin, but that one didn't work.

I know i could look at my server but it's remote so i am searching for a solution to get it over a distance.

But thanks for your solution

Use the Dell Server Assistant Utilities. On the CD, there is a Online RAID Utility. I'm not sure about HP.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back