Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about qn exception I get

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristofdielis

Programmer
Sep 1, 2011
Hi

Does the following error show any actual information about where it occured?

I don't see an SQLException, so it's not in the DB.

The numbers that are mentioned, eg. +1104, don't correspond with actual code lines, because WebUserControls_TaskDetails doesn't even have more than 949 lines in it total!

Sadly the application doesn't log anything, so I'm at a loss of where to look:

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).]
System.Guid..ctor(String g) +514
WebUserControls_TaskDetails.SetDefaults() +1104
WebUserControls_TaskDetails.set_Task(Task value) +73
NavPageBase.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +318
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Please don't post in red, it is very difficult to read, use the code blocks instead.

Apparently you are creating a GUID incorrectly somewhere. According to the stack trace it is in WebUserControls_TaskDetails.SetDefaults()

I would start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back