Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Preloading Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT4EVR

Programmer
Feb 15, 2006
US
Let's say I preload images on the default page of my web site. If I later redirect to the default page during the same session, am I reloading these images? If so, is there a way to preload images once during a user's session? Or can you preload on the application level once and for all?

Thanks...

Never had a problem with images where I had to preload them, but wouldn't it be. when you come back to the default page you are still calling the preload function but the page should be loading from cached info. Which should be faster of reloading the page anyway.
If I am wrong my appoligies.

kss444, you are right, it would be pulling from cached info. But it really depends on the user's settings on their pc - since they can turn the caching off.

-kaht

[small](All puppies have now found loving homes, thanks for all who showed interest)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back