Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question About Outlook Versions 1

pjw001

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
I have an elderly neighbour who uses Outlook on a Wndows 10 pc. The main use that she makes of her pc is to keep in touch with relatives and friend via e-mail. She currently uses Outlook 2007 and I am worried that at some point in the future this will stop working.

I would like to avoid too much of a change for her and am trying to find out what the later versions of Outlook look like.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some information on the look and feel of later versions of Outlook, or tell me whether or not the user interface of later versions is similar to the 2007 version. So far my investigations have only enabled me to determone that it has changed to a blue colour.

Many thanks.

In my opinion, over the years MS added some functionality to Outlook (Teams integration, etc.) but over all the 'look and feel' is pretty much the same. (almost) Every update to Outlook causes me to remember how to re-set its panes’ locations the way I like it, but that’s petty much it. So it should be pretty easy, I hope, for that lady to move to a new(er) version without any issues, especially that she (probably) doesn’t use Outlook to anything more complicated other than sending, receiving emails, maybe attach pictures. All other ‘stuff’ like favorites, contact list, etc. should remain intact.

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Thank you very much for that information Andy. It is reassuring to know that it is still basically the same but with added functionality.

Personally, I think that the user interface in later versions like Outlook 2019 or 2021 is more modern but still fairly intuitive. It does have a blue theme, but overall, it’s not drastically different from what she's used to. You might want to look into Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 for her. It includes the latest version of Outlook and other useful apps. The transition should be relatively smooth, and she’ll benefit from better security and support.

You can choose Outlook 2013. It is something advanced and is similar to Outlook 2007

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back