Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Outgoing Caller ID's on PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris S

Systems Engineer
Jul 8, 2019
CA
Hey all!

just had a quick question that I can't seem to get my head around, I have an AVAYA IP Office and it's Running 11.1.3.0.0 I have this system installed in a Hotel

Currently, under the ARS table, I have all outgoing calls going to PRI using this "Telephone Number (Ns9999999999Z"Hotels name") <- where the 9's represent the Hotels phone number and all works great!

But.... I have 7 phones that have a dedicated DID for a private line, and I want only those Seven phones to show "their private DID" when calling out. Does anyone have an idea how this may be done?

Note, All phones use #9 to Dial out

Thanks Guys! :)

Add the Nsixxxxxxxxxx to the user shortcode. 9N/Nsixxxxxxxxx/LG or ARS)
This will override the system short code.

Hey IPOTS, thanks so much for the response.

So what you are saying, I can go to the individual user and go under short code and add something like this?

I attached a photo, and I put 5's in lou of the real DID

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a592ffac-8d13-45c7-b88d-203bb310856e&file=User_Shortcode.png
Of course this all assumes that your Telco will let the IP Office control the outgoing name and number display. If what @IPOTS recommended does not work you will have to go to your Telco and ask them to allow the IPO to pass outbound CLID.

Yeah, they will let me push whatever i put in the ARS table so we are good there. but the shortcode under the User did not work.. :(

You may have to put a 1 in front of the Ns. i.e. 1Nsixxxxxxxxxx

Create a second ARS table and use the user short code to point to the second ARS. I usually just copy and paste the main ARS and change the parts I need changed. Then you just need the USC 9N;/N/(New ARS).

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back