Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question about new citrix farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray1975

Technical User
Jun 20, 2009
GB
Hello

I am new to citrix and have the following question:
I want to deploy a farm using 300 servers either in one or many zones. Do I have to do 300 seperate citrix installations on the 300 servers or is there a better way to do the installations like deploying through a group policy (not sure it works here)?

Thanks

Hi,

You can clone servers and/or you can use Citrix Installation Manager.

It is depend how much appclications will be used, and how often will these apps replaced to newer version, etc.

I suggest to create a master installation of Citrix server with all hotfix, service packs, applications. And afterthat remove Citrix Presentation Server component in control panel. Then you can clone it for more instance using sysprep. (SID, IP, computername must different.)

Then clone them, and install Citrix and join new server to farm.

regards
balage0

I assume responsibility for everythin' :)

Thanks for your reply. Just to make sure I understood correctly:

>You can clone servers and/or you can use Citrix >Installation Manager.

Are you saying I can install citrix software itself on other servers using the Installation manage?

>And afterthat remove Citrix Presentation Server component >in control panel
Why is there a need to uninstall the component?

>Then clone them, and install Citrix and join new server to >farm.

I assume you are talking about installing the Citrix presenation server component only, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back