Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about modifying current webpages in WYSIWYG editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea7

Programmer
Aug 25, 2008
US
I'm currently using CKEditor from CKEDITOR.COM.

Anyway, I'm trying to load the contents of a webpage into the editor. The code below shows the data from the editor being posted to a webpage.

<?
$editor_data = ($_POST[ 'editor1' ]);
?>

'Editor1' is the data from the WYSIWYG editor. This is placed in the html file. This works good. But now I would like this reversed in that the information from the html file is loaded into the editor so that it can be updated by the user.

Do I use something like a Get statement? I don't need to use file browsing to locate the html file. I would have a static entry I guess like Get="File.HTML" , something like that. I'm not sure of the correct syntax. Otherwise everything else works fine.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Your question is off-topic as it has nothing to do with web design.

But before re-posting in the appropriate forum, please read the documentation :
CKEditor said:
Note that, if you want to load data into the editor, from a database for example, just put that data inside the textarea, just like the above example.
CKEditor 3.x | Developers Guide | Integration | Creating an Editor Instance

Feherke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back