Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Least Cost Routing and translations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLHarris

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
US
Can the least cost routing in a Norstar system be configured to choose a tie line as a first route choice for a specific range of stations, then route over PSTN if the first trunk group is unavailable? Can additional digits be added the the second trunk group choice, changing it from a 4 digit to 11 digit call?

I have only utilized LCR to access a LD carrier, but I`ll try to give you some ideas as to how you may be able to accomplish your task. I assume you are familiar with this type of programming. Needless to say, be meticulous in documenting ANY changes in case it doesn`t work and you have to change it back. After hours programming should also be a must.

First, you would have to assign your tie lines into their own line pool. Say line pool B for example.
The destination code would be the first digit of your secondary office. ie (4)221
Your destination code would use a spare route (ie. 001) and you would assign it to use line pool B. Your dialing string would be set to none. The digit absorbtion would be set to none.
When someone enters intercom 4221, the 4 would make it go to route 001, which would then access the tie line pool and then dial the entered digits 4221

You would now have to program an overflow of that destination code 4 to another spare route, in case of a busy situation. Route 002 lets say.
In route 002, you would use your line pool which is used for accessing the public network. ie A
If your secondary office has DID`s as well, you could program the dialing string with the following example. 1 999 999, and your digit absorption set to none. When your first route was busy, it would overflow to route 002 in which it dials 1 999 999 (4221) taking it directly to that ext.
If you don`t have DID`s, you could possibly have a dialing string of the following 1 999 999 9999, with an absorbtion of 4 to get rid of the entered digits, if calls are taken live at the secondary office. By questioning about an 11 digit dialing string, I would assume AA answers your lines. If your AA does answer the lines, you may try inserting a couple/several (depending how quick AA picks up) pauses (feature 78) at the end of your sting and set the absorption to 0. ie. 1 999 999 9999PPP Then it would dial the secondary office, giving time for the AA to pick up, followed automatically by the 4 digits the user entered.

Whether your software version supports all of this is another question. Other factors may come into play as well such as schedules, and conflicts with other programming ie park prefix, line pool access codes, etc. If anyone else would like to correct any errors on my part, feel free.
Again, these are just my thoughts and I hope they help. Let me know...

Schlum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back