Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about large enabled file systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2000
US
Visit site
I set up a large enabled File System and am having trouble creating files larger than 2 GIG.&nbsp;&nbsp;I used the following parameters - <br><br>Frag size - 4096<br>NBPI - 131072<br>Allocation Group Size - 64<br><br>We are running AIX 4.3.2 - any idea what I did wrong or what I should check?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks!!!

Check in /etc/security/limits. You've probably got fsize in the default stanza set to 2GB. Change it to -1 and then you've got unlimited file sizes.<br><br>Hope this fixes your problem <p>Dave Hamilton<br><a href=mailto:dhamilton@gio.com.au>dhamilton@gio.com.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thanks Dave,<br><br>I do have the fsize paramenter set at -1.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm kinda new at this and didn't know about this file so your tip was helpful!<br><br>Thanks - Chris

What program are you using to create file, some can only see 2 GIG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back