Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about KX TD1232 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike112

Vendor
May 3, 2005
US
I have run across a customer with a Panasonic KX TD1232. They don't know much about the system and I am new to the Panasonic line. By the description alone it would appear that this is a 12 line 32 station system. Am I correct? Are they still producing this line of system? How old is this model? Thanks in advance.

kx-td is still being supported but is not
being mfg'rd

although the system says 1232 it does ship as such dependent on the version and location bought

in some parts of the world it is equiped as 0 lines and 16 exts Euro Zone

in some parts it is equiped 8 lines and 16 exts
however it is never shipped 1232 you have to add cards to it these fit onto the door for it to be equiped 1232 there should be 2 x ext modules and 1 line module on the door

peter

shipping as a 0x16 was it a lot cheaper
than the us version? can you add only a 4
co card or are you forced to put the 8 co board in
first?

yep a lot cheaper!!
and yep you could just have a 4CO card in it

also just as a note the main ccu only ever came with the DDK plugs .... it never Had the amphanol cables now and again some systems made it here from canada but in 15 years i have only seen about 3

peter

In Aust, only the early versions had the DDK connectors. All the newer ones had Amp connectors

did the card come up as lines 1-4?

whats a DDK ?

DDK is the 6 way plug used to terminate the extentions each ext pluged directly onto the system port simular to the panasonic A/series connectors.

No the card came up as 9-12 on the system but did auto assigne to buttons 1-4 on all the handsets if the 8 port card was not installed.

how did you explain to customers that the lines started at 9?

they dont care as long as they can push a line button or dial 9 to get a line they just dont care.it was never a issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back