Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about getting audio/video from tonight's game on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahnula

Technical User
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hi there,

I have been "out of it" for several weeks (Google "Whipple procedure" for more info) and am trying to get to the bottom of whether I can or cannot do what I seek for this evening's NFL pre-season game, Dolphins & Jags and 7:30 pm I believe. I am still a little woozy so please bear with.

If all goes for naught no biggie as NFL Net rebroadcasts on Monday at 11:00 pm.

What I would like to do is capture the game in high-quality snippets from (WFOR-tv Miami) using my ATi Hvrdravision (Radeon x1900GT sapphire) then viewing them as they come available. I also have a GeForce 6200 + ATI AGP AIW)I have other breakout boxes, but would prefer to go right from the signal to the recording medium to the device. I have a 100' SVHS cable if that will do any good.

Anyway any suggestions (including that I'm wasting my tome) will be appreciated. Take care all.

Tony

If your graphics card has video-in and you have some recording software - even Windows Moviemaker will do - it should be straightforward. Just connect the output of your source to the input on your card, start the recording software and that's pretty much it. Obviously you'll want to do a test recording first but there's really not much to it.

The quality won't be brilliant though. You can improve this with a shorter cable to reduce signal loss, but to get the best quality you'd need a TV tuner card for your PC. I doubt you have time to buy one and set it up before the re-broadcast though.

Regards

Nelviticus

Thanks Nelviticus but I went with the rebroadcast DVD today. Too much pain and not enough payout for me. Hopefully I sill be back in the swing of things before too long...since the hospital I was in had no Internet I brought along an old machine with the goal of installing UbUntU Linux...time (an drugs) will Tell!

Thanks for not forgetting a mate when he's down!

Ymu

Blimey Tony, I just googled it [surprise]

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back