Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Gantt chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTeller

Technical User
Aug 20, 2019
BG
thread913-1489078

Most of the resources in the old thread are not up-to-date.

Does anyone have new resources on creating Gantt Charts? Perhaps some free templates in Excel?

Hi,

Are you wanting help for MS Project or Excel with respect to gantt charts?

I can help with Excel. And if that's the case, please repost your question in Forum707, including sample data you want to display in a gantt chart.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

I'm looking for some ready-made Ganntt templates or good tutorials on creating them.

A Gantt chart 'templet' if you will, needs data in a certain format. Do you know what that format is?

BTW, I just Googled excel gantt chart templates and got a bunch of links.

But it takes some Excel experience to get from there to a functioning Gantt chart that takes YOUR data and whips it into shape for the Gantt chart of YOUR dreams. That's what Tek-Tips is all about.

Ball's in your court.

The link I meant to post was Forum68, along with some sample data you want to chart.

Skip,
[sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

I know how to use google. What I don't know is whether what I find is any good. Are these any good? I can't judge. VBA/macros is way outside of my wheelhouse for now so I was looking for something easy and simple to manage.

So which option from that site interests you? Then I'll look at that link.

table of content
Excel Gantt Chart with Conditional Formatting
Gantt Chart for Multiple Projects
Gantt Chart Milestones
Gantt Chart Planner
Gantt Schedule Planner
House Construction Gantt Chart
Product Development Gantt Chart
Gantt Chart with Budget and Staffing Plan
Simple Gantt Chart
Simple Gantt Chart Maker
Team Gantt Chart
Free Gantt Chart

Skip,
[sub]

Frankly, I've been thru the gantt chart portion and the Simple Gantt Chart Maker link and I can't find a download to the two charts, 1. Simple Gantt Chart Maker with Completions by Day & 2. Simple Gantt Chart Maker with Completions by Week???

How about you?

I'm shooting in the dark here cuz I really don't understand what you need. Since I can't find a download at the site you posted, I went looking and found this Gantt that does not use an Excel chart but it is an Excel solution on a sheet. I've used this sort of rough charting in cells and it does display a rough progress color coded for each bar based on a percent complete that the user would need to supply for each task.

What do you think?

Skip,
[sub]

It's similar to the one on the ET website (to download, click "yes" on the download page).
I like the one you posted, thank you very much, this really does help.

Great! If you have questions regarding that Gantt, please post in forum68.

Good luck.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back