Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about forms handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyPowder2u

Programmer
May 4, 2005
US
I have a situation where a user may enter all fields on a form. The cmdBtn must then search a file for any records that meet a specific criteria "Forecast". If any are found, processing of the original form must stop. The user must Modify any and all "forecast" records found to either cancel, delete, or change to pending. The modify function uses the same form as the original one but opened to modify instead of @ a new record.

I don't want the information in the original form lost, or have to be re-entered. Can I use multiple iterations of a form? How can I track from where a form was opened, so that I can return it to that point once the updates are done?

Are the fields bound? You might want to consider unbound form, it's easier to control the behavior of the data you want to store/modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back