Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about film printers? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeThorne

Technical User
Mar 17, 2008
US
Hi

I have a client that does a lot of screen printing. I prepare the art in Illustrator, and send it to an engraving company who outputs it to high contrast film.

For a number of years I have been trying to get them to switch to a system that allows them to make their own film, but they are kind of in the stone age when it comes to computers.

Well the engraving company that they use has just announced that they will process no more film.

Does anyone here have any idea where one buys a printer that outputs a high contrast image dense enough for exposing a silk screen? We have tried Inkjets and they just aren’t dense enough.

I'm asking here because I don't know where else to ask and I thought someone here might have dealt with this problem.

When I searched online I came up with a lot of broken links, (all out of business?).

Any help appreciated.

Mike

This suggestion might be stone age too and not accurate enough for you... but did you ever try soaking your printed page in baby oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back