Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about digital and analog phone keycodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdm

Technical User
Jun 2, 2014
US
I purchased an MG1000B Co-Res R6 kit with security dongle and Keycode sheet to use for a lab (learning) system. I want to be able to connect IP, digital and analog sets to this system, but the keycode sheet shows 0 for Digital and Analog. Does this mean I would not be able to connect those sets? Are there other license types that can be used?

The keycode sheet shows:

Code:
Module: MG 1000B PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE
Generic / Release Info: 4121 / R06.00

User Licenses:
SYS TNS 5000
ACD AGT 400
ACD_DN 300
AST 400
Digital 0
Analogue 0
IP User 400
Attendant 16

A branch is not really supposed to be active (only if there is issues in Main Office) so you will have a counter till it stops working I guess, then need a sysload.

It's been a while but analog/digital stations are under control of the branch office call server, not the central call server like a SMG. IP sets are redirected to the main office in normal operation then fall back to the branch when the main office is unreachable.

Default licenses for a 1000B were 400 IP users, 30 SIP access ports and 30 H.323 access ports. If memory serves me correctly, TDM licenses were added separately. There is a printout of the licenses in the branch office install and commissioning document (NN43001-314_06_01, for release 7.6 anyway).

All that said, you'll be able to configure IP sets in that system, but thats all, and as bignose21 mentioned the system will have to be sysloaded every 30 or so days as the branch office call server will go stupid on you when it doesn't see a main office call server for a while.

Thanks for all of the info. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back