Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Desktop Messaging and Multple access to one mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolicepbx

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
CA
My customer wants multiple people to access a fax mailbox via desktop messaging? Will this cause any issues? Would you recommend they use MyCallPilot, would this allow multiple access to one mailbox?

thanks,
Martin

i would recogmend the e-mail admin team set up a mail account just to use as a fax server. then anyone with a network login and the password could access the fax in box. by doing it that way instead of forcing multi copies of each fax, each person can access the faxes, and know if it's already been printed, handled, replied to etc.. with more the one person getting a copy of a fax, their is no original, and if you fax me and need a callback or a fax reply, either 6 people will send me a fax or no one.. with each person looking at the same inbox, if i read a fax i can move it to my box or forward it to your atten..etc.. just food for thought

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How do i get the fax messages to that email account?

Martin

We have set up several users with access to one mailbox, ie. boss & secretary both have the boss's inbox on their desktop messaging. When we loaded the second users computer we simply put in the boss's extension. What we can't figure out how to do is put access to two different mailboxes on one computer.

Ok so in the case where you are using multiple logins to a mailbox, does it use up a second desktop messaging licence?

Your licensing is tied to voicemail boxes. So mailbox 1234 would take 1 license no matter how many ways you have logins set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back