Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QUESTION ABOUT DATABASE CONNECTION PROPERTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissarmi

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi,

I recently changed from Cr8 to Cr9. The switch was made primarily because I need to be able to change databases dynamically while running my VB application. I have all my reports that were developed in Cr8 now working with Cr9 within my VB application.
I have a question, however, about the connection properties. I am using a loop to set the connection properties of the report within the VB app. The item names of the properties are "DATABASE", "SERVER", USER ID", "PASSWORD". This works fine in my application. But, I was helping a co-worker integrate to CR9 for the same reasons, and had problems with his connections. Instead of "SERVER", we had to use an item name "DATASOURCE NAME" to change that property. We are both using an ODBC(RDO) Database Type. We finally got his working using the "DATASOURCE NAME", but were curious why the properties are named different. Could it be that the reports were developed differently? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back