Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about cutting. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser619

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
Hi, i want to trace and cut a picture to use as a layer in another, but i can't figure it out. I get as far as tracing the pic with the scissors icon. Could someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Just cut (or copy) and paste it into the other picture. This will create a new floating selection (pasted layer).

Thanks, I want to know how to cut the pictures too. I used the scissors tool to trace the picture, but how do i cut it out from there?

Shamelessly copied from another forum: "To complete a selection using the Scissors tool, click once on the beginning point and again in the middle of the region-to-be-selected. Don't double-click, just click once. Your selection will transform into a... selection, I suppose, which you can work with as one normally would."

Hope this helps :)

Thanks. I'll be coming back for more help if i need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back