Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about creating "banners" in Flash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm291113

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I see animated type &quot;banners&quot; all the time when I am surfing the web.....do most people use Flash 4 to do them???? The banners always look so clear and crisp and I wanted to get a program where I could create animated &quot;banners&quot; just like the ones you see all over the net.... Is Flash 4 used for the majority of them ????&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>any opinions about this would be gratefully accepted!!!<br>and any Tips or Tricks on creating them would be helpful too!!<br><br>thanks<br><br>jerm291113

Most Banners are animated gifs.<br>But you can make banners in Flash.<br>Check my example:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> to do it.<br>Embed BannerLoader.swf (can be renamed) in your HTML Page/Flash Movie. Now you make banners that you name BannerX.swf where X is a number. BannerLoader.swf will play them randomly.<br><br>Gasbag--&gt;<br><br>Gasbag's Gas-of-the-Day:<br>Check <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> for other cool stuff.<br>

gasbag...<br><br>I am having a problem with opening your samples....<br>I un-zipped them and because I am soooooo new to Flash I had no idea how to get them open or

Open them all in Flash, compile them all and put them all in the same dir.<br>Then run BannerLoader.swf<br><br>Gasbag--&gt;<br><br>Gasbag's Gas-of-the-Day:<br>Don't hesitate to ask if it doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back