Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about CLS DDGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trason806

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
thread798-1739969
Anyone have any ideas?

It might be easier to change the CLID table for each of the Techs to a different number such as the main hunt group so that when they dial out the CLID number will only show the main hunt group.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I want them to be able to push CLID to the outside world. But I do not want them to push there DN internally. But if I chg the CLS to DDGD it stops pushing the DN internally and stops pushing the CLID externally.

I think you shuld give each tech a 2nd dn similar to the original one. Say your external number plan is 12000-12999
Say Tech1 has 12011 as his personal DN, assign KEY 0 as 88011 and KEY 1 as 12011. i.e leave only 3 last digits.
That way incoming external calls cant call KEY 0 (88011) and for internal calls, just add DENY 88 in NCOS table.
Use Key1 for personal calls. Use Key0 for Tech's cases. Set NAME for all 88xxx extensions as "Techsupport"

They culd still call tech1 on key1 but most workers wont realise that pattern and tech1 can just ignore incoming call on Key1 if he see's its from some one who shuldent contact him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back