Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question about certian pda

Status
Not open for further replies.

huffbr

Technical User
Jul 1, 2002
US
how come this pda is so much cheaper than other pda's similar to it? It has so many more features than pda's for the same price. Is it a good deal or is there something hidden that I'm not seeing. Is it worth buying? Here is the website that I found it at: Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Erm that has a MIPS processor, an obselete processor artitecture that about 99% ( ok may be 90% ) of developers are not writing for.

Currently almost all software for PocketPC are being written for the StrongArm 206Mhtz processor.

Also getting a PocketPC for 150$ you are just asking for trouble.

It does have a CF slot which is good, but probally only supports memory cards not devices. That one probally only runs an older PocketPC , or just WinCE 2.0(the screenshot on that looks like the older WinCE 2.0 ), and not the latest PocketPC2002, also its screen is crap compared to the 500$ + ones, the casio probally has not expandibility options.

All the good ones, are over 500$ ( especially the new 400Mhtz ones ) now PalmOS based ones for 150$ yea, they're pretty much all the same, in that case I would recomend a Handspring Visor, because least with those you can use the springboard expansion slot, where the alternative PalmOS based PDAs dont have expansion slots. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

I looked at a larger shot of that Casio, that is definitly an older version of Windows CE ( which is hardly developed for, even the MIPS version alone ) And the screen is crap ( notice how dull it is. )

this is the one I own

It was 599$ with 50$ rebate at the time I purchased it from CompUSA and they gave me a free 64Meg SecureDigital card.

I Also purchased a Dual PCMCIA card slot for the ipaq ( 199$ ) , a Bluetooth CF Adapter, and a 256Meg CF card for the ipaq as well.

Also the screen of the 3800 ( and the new 400Mhtz 3900 series ) , is brilliant , bright sharp, and great under sunlight and indoors. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back