Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about call coverage. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have a few executives that have coverage paths, which send their calls to their admin’s phone, then to voicemail. Is there a way to setup the executive’s phones so that calls will go directly to voicemail when they press “Send Calls”? Currently when Send Calls is pressed it just sends the call to the admin, which is the next point the coverage path.

You need to set up a secondary coverage path to the voice mail and program a secondary cover button.

Thanks Scottel. Is the secondary cover button called "secondary cover button" in the switch? I can't seem to find this button in my system, I'm not sure how to assign it. I've already setup the new coverage path.

Cable-Guy,
I looked up how to setup Coverage Path 2 and here is what it said.

Create the two coverage paths that you want to use.
Put these two cover path numbers in the Cover Path 1 and Cover Path 2 fields on the station form.
Do Change Feature-access-codes and setup a code for CHANGE COVERAGE ACCESS if these is not already one there.
Either make a new COR for the Exec. phone or change the existing COR so that CAN CHANGE COVERAGE = Y. I would make a new one so you do not effect the ohter users with that COR.

I am guessing that the Exec can just enter this feature code at his phone each time they want to change cover paths. I have never used this feature so I am not sure. It does not say how the station user would know what cover path is active at any given time.

Here is a way of doing it where you don't have to mess around with Class of Restrictions, second coverage paths and extra buttons:

Create a coverage path that goes to the admin's phone under the chosen busy/no answer options. Tell it N for DND/SAC/GotoCover.

Create another coverage path that only goes to VoiceMail if SAC is pushed. That is N for all but DND/SAC/GotoCover. Let's say this is Path Number 39 for instance.

On the first CovPath you link the two together by making Next Path Number = 39.

Now all calls will go to admin if busy or the specified number of rings. But if SAC is pushed all calls will go to VM.

Just make sure you don't make ALL? calls = Y on any cov paths or it will overule all else.

That single Coverage Path 39 can be used over and over again any time you want to do this. We use this for Coverage Answer Groups and it works pretty well.

UTelecom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back