Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Audition 2.0 (sorry no audition forum!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbason

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
GB
Hi, have just encountered an annoying problem with Audition 2.0. I made a dvd project some time ago with over an hour of transcoded film clips. But now when i reopen the project and attempt to simply burn another copy of the dvd it proceeds by re transcoding every single clip again! it saves each transcoded film into the same folder that the original transcodes exist but gives the new versions a _1 after the film title.

Is there any way i can tell audition to recognise the original transcodes? Apologies for posting here, couldn't seem to find a dedicated Audition forum on tektips.

Cheers.

Hmm. Did you mean Encore?

Had you moved the project to another location between visits?

I prefer to create a DVD folder. That way I can burn more copies without returning to Encore at all.

oh dear, yes indeed i did mean Encore!! No i havent moved anything since the last time i used the project to burn a copy. In hind sight i guess i should have just created a dvd image from which to make successive copies. I guess now i am forced to re-render the entire thing!!

Akribie's got it right -- make a DVD folder and yuo never have to re-render again.

Although I use Encore to burn the folder to the DVD. I've tried Nero a couple of times, but my replicator has troubles with those discs.

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Re-encoding is possibly the easiest way if you have the time.

I think I might have tried (on a copy of the project) pointing Encore at the encoded files rather than the original sources in case that remade the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back