Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about applicable work experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trifest

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
US
I called ISC2 about my eligibility and was told to consult other CISSPs. I sat for the exam this past saturday in Vienna, VA. Signed up as an Associate because of some eligibility questions I had. Here's my background.

Graduated from Carnegie Mellon in 2002. While in school I had the luck and opportunity to work for Telcordia Technologies a CMM Level 5 Software provider for the telecommunications industry (formerly a part of the AT&T monopoly). I worked there 2 years working full-time during breaks and part-time(20 hours a week) working remotely from my apartment and building and coding full features for an inventory management application for clients like Qwest, Sprint, RBOCs, etc.. So I was exposed and had to conform to the standards of a CMM Level 5 company. My question is that can I apply this experience towards a CISSP. ISC2 seems to think it could count but not sure according to the person I spoke to. I'm now working as an IT consultant handling multiple clients and doing Incident Response and networking, more or less as a security administrator.

What do you guys think. Sorry for the lengthy message but I want to make sure that I actually do qualify according to your professional standards as CISSPs. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back