Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about 46xx application files and VPN Remote 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

halflife78

Programmer
Jan 22, 2007
US
We currently have an SG200 and we use 4610 phones loaded the the VPN application files for users to take home and connect back to work with. During our intial testing we loaded the VPN files on a 4620 phone and then when we were done we diabled the VPN boot so it would work in the office.

We have tried to do both a "clear" and a "reset" to wipe the VPN app file off the phone but it won't wipe the file and when we reboot the phone it still points itself toward the 46vpnupgrade.scr instead of the 46xxupgrade.scr and we can't figure out a way to force it to the 46xx.scr file(trying to update the phone to the latest standard files).

Has anyone had this issue occur and resolved it, and is there anyway to completely erase the files from these phones 100%? Thanks for any advice.

Thanks,

Steven

I'm having the same issue, how to wipe settings from the 4610/4620 IP Phones. Did you figure out how to do this?

Thanks!

Toni

There is a section on the setup doc that has you add a line on the "46xxupgrade.scr" file that says the following:

IF $GROUP SEQ 876 goto DEFVPN
goto NOVPN

#DEFVPN
GET 46xxvpn.scr
goto END

#NOVPN

Add this to the 46xxvpn.scr file as you did the 46xxupgrade.scr:

IF $GROUP SEQ 666 goto NOVPN
goto VPN

# NOVPN
GET 46xxupgrade.scr
goto END

# VPN

Load the phone, change the GROUP to 666 and it should load the 46xx Files. You can change the .scr files by changing them to .txt files, modify, and change back to .scr.

By-the-way, how are these working for you?

Thanks for the info! The VPN Remote phones are phenomenal! People love them and they work great. I'm paring the solution with the Plantronics CS55 Wireless Headsets. I'm preferring the VoIP phone over my home analog line because it's so convenient & feature rich. Remote workers are raving about it. Will be nice once we get the VPN Phone LICENSES in so the phones don't die after the 30 day trial. (It helps to read the documentation before deploying your solutions...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back