Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about 3 monitor display from laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowboardr

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
PH
I just ordered 3 dell monitors both of which have 2 ports built in: 1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ¦ 1 x DVI-D - 24 pin digital DVI

My laptop has a female hdmi port. I would like to have a multi monitor setup but i am fed up with looking for a cost effective solution on this problem... what is the cheapest way to do this?

Thanks

Jason

[red]Army[/red] : [white]Combat Engineer[/white] : [blue]21B[/blue]

The easiest, most straight forward solution would be this:
Matrox TripleHead2Go (Digital)

Not cheap though.

But you really don't have many more options considering your trying this on a laptop.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

It might. But your video card would need to be able to detect all 3 monitors through the splitter, otherwise all you'll get is the same image on each monitor. And I'm guessing what you want is to have each monitor be an extension of your desktop, instead of just showing the same thing 3 times.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back