Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about 2520 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcs2749

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
US
I have a old 2520 router and it has a AUI port and a
built-in 10bt port. Looking at various documentation I find that I cannot use both these ports for ethernet at the same time. Does anyone know of any commands that will allow you to use both of these at the same time. What I am trying to do is set up a cable router for my home. Thanks for your help.

are you sure that the 10baseT port is not the console port of the router?

Thanks for your reply but no it has a console port, aux port, 10bt port, AUI port, bri port, (2) serial ports, and (2)serial A/S ports.

Both ports are considered as Ethernet0.Only there are differention in connection type.so I think,your plan is not possible.If your connection type is Twisted Pair,go for 10bt and if is is coaxial Thick/thin connection,use AUI port.

Jbnair

Both ports are considered as Ethernet0.Only there are differention in connection type.so your plan is not possible.If your connection type is Twisted Pair,go for 10bt and if is is coaxial Thick/thin connection,use AUI port.

Jbnair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back