Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Querying a query inside another query !

Status
Not open for further replies.

flebel

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2001
CA
Hello,

I'm fairly new to SQL server 2000. I have used access and now moving to SQL. Here is my question:

I have created a view(query) that needs to look up inside another view(query). This other query has variables. In a select query, how to I pass variables to the second query? I know nothing about stored procedures, as I'm quite new to SQL server.

thank you for you help.

Francis

why don't u try to use VIEW tables in SQL Server ???
In your Database Treeview, you will see some child nodes from the Database, they are, Diagram, Tables, Views, Store Procedures, ....etc...

Choose View, nd create your own view.

If u have 3 queries, you can do this....

Create ViewA and ViewB

nd from your coding, you can generate NewView which get data from ViewA and ViewB....

nd you can make other combination. Try it first....
The concept is still the same with Ms-Access, but, SqL server is more functionally, and flexible, and much more better than Access.

Do you know Query facility in Ms-Access ??? Yeah, View facility in SQL Server is almost the same with Query, but, with more functions in it....

Hope will help,

Jokauw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back