Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query won't grab currency from text box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylclassen

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2003
CA
In Form1, I have a currency value as the default value in a text box that has been grabbed from a text box in another form. My problem is that I keep getting a messed up response when I send this value to my query. Instead of the value, I get 2 little boxes. I assume this is because Access is messing up the types (currency as text)but I can't figure out what to do about it. Any ideas?

PS.I don't want the value linked to the original table, because I want the user to be able to manually adjust it's value if he wants without adjusting the underlying value in the table it's pulled from.

Probably the "$" is being interpreted as a non numeric character. Try setting the texbox format to currency and then it should just take a normal number but show the $.

Otherwise try saying in the query: CCur([txtBox])
--jsteph

Thanks so much, that totally solved my problem!
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back