Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query to show typed in name, could have duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2004
US
I am looking to run a query to display's ALL companies with a certain word in it. To clarify, I have criteria which asks for the company name to be dispalyed. If I have names in my table like Blue Inc., Blue Tooth, Blue chemicals, etc.... I want all of these companies to be displayed if I type in blue for my criteria. how would I do this???

thanks,

ab

right, but when the criteria box first pops up I am not going to want to companies that begin with blue every time. I might want to see all companies that begin with "I" or whatever.

Ok, maybe I am not being that clear. I will try again:

I have a criteria MsgBox that asks a user to enter a company name. I would like the user to be able to enter the first part of the company name, which could be anything. I would like the query to display all copmany names that have whatever the user puts in the box.

if he types in flooring, the query would disply:

flooring INC
Flooring PLC
Flooring unlimited.

well, anywhere in it would work too, but based on these replies I need to put this in my company name criteria correct? In that case every time the query is ran, only companies with 'blue*' will be displayed correct?

And if you want a simple parametized query, in the company name criteria:
Like [Enter company name] & '*'

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back