Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query to List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLMeToo

Technical User
Apr 10, 2000
AU
Is there any way to select items from a table and have<br>them displayed in a list format - comma delimited.<br>In SYBASE I saw the function LIST() but MS SQL Server<br>does not mention the function.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>Example below - does not work as the inbedded select<br>returns more than one value. I would like the internal<br>select to be a comma delimited list, string value.<br><br>SELECT FirstName,<br>(SELECT TelephoneNum FROM Telephone WHERE<br>Telephone.FirstName = FirstName.FirstName)<br>FROM FirstName

SQL Server version 7 has a great wizard that allows you to export any way you choose.<br>Then you can save the T-SQL code it creates and do all kinds of things with it. Right click on your table and you will see &quot;Export&quot; under one of the options. Follow the prompts... <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back