Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Returns Incorrect Results on Some Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbmk

Programmer
Nov 28, 2002
CA
I have a query named qryCheckComm that uses a subquery. The subquery uses an inner join. qryCheckComm left joins the subquery and to return rows that are not in the subquery.

When I run qryCheckComm on some computers in the network, it does not return the correct results. There should always be two rows returned. The queries are based on SQL Server linked tables. I have also double checked the permissions on the tables and necessary permissions are there.

Any suggestions for solving this would be appreciated.

When you set up the ODBC on the PC's do you use NT authentication? Did you try going into linked table manager and relinking the tables on those PC's?

I am using NT authentication. I will try relinking the tables. Thanks.

another issue on many 'network' issues is the clock synchronization between the individual machines. If your process uses a date/time and this is set by the local machine they may have different values (sometimes by a LOT). I have had many issues with this, and had to 'argue' the point up to corporate VP levels to get the net 'gurus' to force the sync of ALL systems which use databases.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back