Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query/Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerlock2005

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
All,
I have a query (qry_license) that is tied to a table, and two fields I will be referring to are: dtLicenseBegin and results.

I have this expression for the results:

results: DateAdd("d",-60,[dtLicenseBegin])

So if I enter a date of 12/6/05 for the dtLicenseBegin, the results field will give me 60 days prior to 12/6/05.

I want to tie qry_license to a report, and I only want to show the records that are within the 60 days before the 12/6/05 date occurs.

Example: When 60 days prior to 12/6/05 occurs, which would be something like 10/6/05, I want the report to start showing that record until 12/6/05.

How do I accomplish this?

Please help someone.

Thanks,

Try results: Between DateAdd("d",-60,[dtLicenseBegin])AND DateAdd("d",-1,[dtLicenseBegin])

Thanks for the help.
Greg

Greg,
I get a result of -1, and if I put anything other than ...("d",-1,[dtLicenseBegin]), I still get -1 as a result.

Meaning if I put -2, -3 , -4, etc., I still get -1 as a result.

I am simply trying to show when the 60 day period starts, I need to start showing the record in a report, but I'm not sure how to do this in a query.

Any other suggestions?

Did you place Between DateAdd("d",-60,[dtLicenseBegin]) AND DateAdd("d",-1,[dtLicenseBegin])
in the criteria?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Yes I did dhookom.

Instead of typing all of that, I just cut it short.

Sorry about the confusion.

So now what?

How about sharing your entire SQL view?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

dhookom,
I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but here is the SQL view:

SELECT tblProducts.ProductID, tblProducts.FamilyID, tblProducts.ProductName, tblLicense.LicenseType, tblLicense.LicenseNumOps, tblInstallation.VersionNum, tblInstallation.System, tblInstallation.Install2, tblLicense.dtLicenseBegin, DateAdd("d",-60,[dtLicenseBegin]) AS results
FROM tblProducts INNER JOIN (tblLicense INNER JOIN tblInstallation ON tblLicense.LicenseID = tblInstallation.LicenseID) ON tblProducts.ProductID = tblInstallation.ProductID
ORDER BY tblProducts.ProductName;

I also get this error: "The expression you entered contains invalid syntax. You may have entered a comma without a preceding value or identifier", when I try to use:
results: Between DateAdd("d",-60,[dtLicenseBegin]) AND DateAdd("d",-1,[dtLicenseBegin])

Hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Is it possible the dtLicenseBegin field might be null? If so, set the criteria to filter out the null values.

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back