Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query related to #include virtual

Status
Not open for further replies.

RakhiKalra

Programmer
Jun 6, 2003
IN
I have downloaded an entire ASP site in which I am supposed to make changes.

There are many folders in the Main folder, which consists of include files. For eg Main folder name is "Preview" which is kept on C:\inetpub\ folder. Now the preview folder has many folders like "Includes","Ads","Registration" etc. these folder has files which have been used by the ASP pages across the site.

The site works well on the server but when i try to run ASP pages it gives me error:

I searched on net in order to resolve this error. I tried to make the folders (inside preview folder )virtual one by one and include files were included. But then the links and navigation is still not working. for eg. when accessing a page in Registration folder, link moves to the page which is wrong. It has to go to
Please help me in this regard and let me know where am i making the mistake.

Regards,
Rakhi

Rakhi

Sorry i missed the error in second para

the error is:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x80004005)
The include file '/includes/header.inc' was not found.
/preview/index.asp, line 1

Rakhi

Take a look at the original server to find out:
1) Which folders are virtual
2) Which folders are marked web app roots in IIS Admin

Sheco,

I wont be able to check these settings on the server cause i dont have rights to do the same.

Please let me know how to mark a folder as web app roots.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakhi

Rakhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back