Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query re Retired Dell Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 1999
MT
Hi all!

Does anyone know of a resource link I could access regarding Dell PowerEdge servers which have been retired by Dell? I tried searching the Dell website but couldn't find anything.

We have a number of Dell Poweredge servers deployed within the company and since these are now 4/5+ years old we need to know whether it is feasible to retire them or replace them with new servers. I was told by our Dell reseller that Dell normally continues to supply spare parts for 5 years after the server has been retired. However I need to know the retirement dates of these servers so that I can know when to begin counting :)

Thanks!

You could go to the Dell support site.
Use the service tag to find out when it went off of warranty.
You could also look at the parts included in that service tag when it shipped. Using those part numbers you could likely find replacement parts well beyond Dell's support window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back