Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZakz

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
US
How do you make a query that takes 1 input from a table then looks up the information for that row and fills in the query with the right information? I've tried a few things but the most I get is just an input of my number then a return of the whole table with my number in place of all the other numbers in the original column.

How are you selecting this "1 input"? Are you talking about a second query that gets its parameters from the first query, or perhaps a query that is self-modifying (which is a new one on me)? Please post more info if you want better answers.

Im using this "L_C: [Change_Board_Records].[ L_C]" right now, but I'm pretty sure theres another way I just don't know what. But anyway that asks for an input but all it does is return the table with whatever I enter
ex: Enter: W0015
Returns: W0015
W0015
W0015
W0015
W0015
so on..
with all the wrong info except for the one record thats supposed to have that L_C. Trying to get it to just display the one entry with the info thats supposed to be in its row.

Actually nm, I figured it out I was doing it in the wrong place. All I had to do was put it down in the Criteria [Look up LC] and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back