Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

query performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShen

MIS
Sep 26, 2002
US
Not sure where to post this. Running a report calling for 4 parameters. The adp is connected to a server where the data is not stored. The stored procedure which runs this report executes the stored procedure on the server which has the data. It only brings back 10-20 records. When I run it in studio management it takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds. From Access, it just hangs and hangs and hangs. I put a bunch of hints in the SELECT to assist with indexes but like I said, it runs from Studio fine. What in the world is causing all the overhead in Access ? Running sqlserver 2005. Access 2007.

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

Have you installed SP2? Solved a couple of performance issues for me.

Running sp2 in Access. On sql2005 running sp3. I am able to run the sp from an access db. as a stand alone query. When I run it as a stand alone on the server which is pointing to the other server, it hangs. A few weeks ago, I thought I had this fixed. Maybe the data was cached. We did indeed reset one of the views it uses (historical) a few weeks ago but like I said, it works fine in studio and in Access on the server it resides. Something is bottling this thing up.
Thanks. I will keep plugging away. Should I post this under queries ? or SQL server ?

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back