Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query not ending correctly?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PogoWolf

Programmer
Mar 2, 2001
US
HI! Here's the problem, on the below query SQL returns 'SQL query not properly ended' and I can't figure out why..

SELECT SBUs.Name
FROM SBUs
INNER JOIN (DocTypes INNER JOIN DocTypeLookup ON DocTypes.AutoID = DocTypeLookup.DocType)
ON SBUs.autoID = DocTypeLookup.Owner
WHERE (((DocTypes.Name)='AGRM - Return Mail'));

(I have tried with and without the semi-colon at the end.. I'm not sure if that makes a differance...)
---===///The PogoWolf\\\===---
Darkness..Bleakness..Plastic forks..?

seems that you might be missing a right parens after DocTypeLookup.Owner
and a left parens (a 2nd) after the first 'INNER JOIN', depending on
what the where clause is meant to do Jim

oracle, vb

To be honest, I'm not sure either.. I created the query in Access, and checked it version an SQL server to make sure I was getting the query correct.. but porting that query into Oracle has just been more a pain in the butt then needed.. so I'm just keeping everything as SQL.. =)

Thanks for the help though! =)
---===///The PogoWolf\\\===---
Darkness..Bleakness..Plastic forks..?

Oracle SQL doesn't know the keywords INNER JOIN... :-(
At least the version i'm using (8.0.6) doesn't, and i doubt if other versions do.

i think you have to rewrite your query.

I have had problems using Access 97 SQL in Oracle. The Access has different syntax that doesnt work with Oracle SQL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back