Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query needed to strip the first character from a field 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBBB

Technical User
Nov 2, 2005
GB
Hi All,
I have a problem with a query and I just cant seem to work out what to do, I really would appreciate some help. (Im using Access 2003)

I have a text field that contains numbers such as 01 02 03 etc, however some of the values in the field contain numbers such as 010, 011, 012 etc. What I need to do is strip the leading "0" from these three digit numbers, (BTW it is a text field).

I have tried using an update query, but I just dont know how to formulate it and what to put in the update or criteria options.

Any help would eb appreciated as I am completely stumped.
Many thanks

James

Hi Remou,
Thankyou so much for such a quick repsonse, please forgive my ignorance, I can see exactly what the code is doing that you have supplied, however, how would I apply it in the queries critiera fields or should it be run as an sql statement from a button on a form.

I was trying to create a query using the "Update To:" and "Criteria:" lines in the query and have tried to apply the code without much success.

Again, sorry for my ignorance, but how would I apply this code.

Many thanks
James.

Remou

Apologies, I have entered the code in SQL mode on the query and it works perfectly

Absolutlely superb

Many thanks for that

Really appreciated

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back