Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query informatica repository for metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachbgk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
US
I want to build documentation for my informatica mappings that can be used by business to understand the details that go on in the load process. eg process selects data from xyz table, then applies a filter, then performs lookup against a,b,c, tables.

I can do this in visio or any other flowcharting tool but the mappings change very frequently and its difficult to keep the visio flows up-to-date.

Does anyone know of a simpler way...like running a query against the repository tables to get this info. I do have metadata reporter but that my business users do not find that very user-friendly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Forget about getting useful information (for users) by running queries on the repository if you want detailed info on mappings. I tried with Business Objects, but it is too much of an effort. Informatica has already a succesor for metadata reporter for V6 repo's and will introduce a new product for reporting on metadata ("Superglue") in just a couple of weeks.
Running queries on the repo to get session information is much easier.

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back