Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query in Excel - Return results in a column rather then row

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksg

Programmer
Jun 12, 2000
US
I'm a SQL developer trying to get results returned in a column format rather then being returned in a row. There must be a property that changes the default from row to column, can anyone help me?

marksg,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Tables are columnar, ie the data elements are designated as column headings. Results are returned as rows of data, based on a Where or Having clause.

If you want to return an entire column from a table, you just make an unquallified Select query on the column.

???

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

What I've done is write a very specific query to return one record/row, however I would like the results for that query pasted into the spreadsheet from top to bottom rather than left to right. I know this is 90 degrees from what we think it should be but it is easier for the user to comprehend and use.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back