Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query from Sqlserver to Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

TariqMehmod

Programmer
Mar 4, 2004
PK
Sir I have this query in sqlserver query editor

Code:
SELECT man1, gate, vehicle,weight/(IIF(LEN(man1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(LEN(man2)=0, 0, 1)
+IIF(LEN(man3)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(LEN(man4)=0, 0, 1))as wages
  FROM Table_1 
  WHERE  LEN(man1)>0 
UNION ALL
SELECT man2, gate, vehicle,weight/(IIF(LEN(man1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(LEN(man2)=0, 0, 1)
  FROM table_1 
  WHERE LEN(man2) >0 
UNION ALL
SELECT man3, gate, vehicle,weight/(IIF(LEN(man1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(LEN(man2)=0, 0, 1)
  FROM table_1 
  WHERE LEN(man3) >0 
UNION ALL
SELECT man4, gate, vehicle,weight/(IIF(LEN(man1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(LEN(man2)=0, 0, 1)
  FROM table_1 
  WHERE LEN(man4) >0 
ORDER BY 1 asc

The codes work fine as shown in image

12_a_xcfdpi.png

Now I use same codes in Crystal report command like this

12_2_nmtyfx.png

When I press OK then it show error message like this

12_3_igicuy.png

Please help me to make my query workable in crystal report command box

I want to use this query in Crystal report

Code:
 SELECT odln.u_loader1, odln.DocNum, odln.u_truck,odln.U_WE2/(IIF(len(odln.u_loader1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader2)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader3)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader4)=0, 0, 1))
  FROM odln 
  WHERE  len(odln.u_loader1)>0 
UNION ALL
SELECT odln.u_loader2, odln.DocNum, odln.u_truck,odln.U_WE2/(IIF(len(odln.u_loader1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader2)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader3)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader4)=0, 0, 1))
  FROM odln 
  WHERE len(odln.u_loader2) >0 
UNION ALL
SELECT odln.u_loader3, odln.DocNum, odln.u_truck,odln.U_WE2/(IIF(len(odln.u_loader1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader2)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader3)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader4)=0, 0, 1))
  FROM odln 
  WHERE len(odln.u_loader3) >0 
UNION ALL
SELECT odln.u_loader4, odln.DocNum, odln.u_truck,odln.U_WE2/(IIF(len(odln.u_loader1)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader2)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader3)=0, 0, 1)+IIF(len(odln.u_loader4)=0, 0, 1))
  FROM odln 
  WHERE len(odln.u_loader4) >0 
ORDER BY 1 asc

Please help

By the way according to how your code is written. You could (rather unlikely) get a divide by zero situation. Also IIF was introduced with SQL Server 2012. If somehow you are connecting to an older database then you could get an error. You did not state how you were connecting to the database in Crystal. You could use the CASE WHEN statement as an alternative. CASE WHEN should be good for all versions of SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back