Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

query form? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko999

Technical User
Apr 30, 2007
GB
is there any way to replace the queries parameter input box that my report is based on so appears before my report with a form with the input?

Chris :D

If you mean the "RecordSource" Property of the report, then yes. You can set it to a name of your table/query, or place SQL there.

Gary
gwinn7

yeah but i wish it to be a form not a table or query

I think you may be confusing what's what in Access. You CAN dynamically change the RecordSource of BOTH a Report AND a Form.

Did I miss the point?

Gary
gwinn7

yeah i want to change the input for my report to a form

Ok, I am not connecting all the dots here of what you are really asking.

Could you be a little more descriptive in what you want to accomplish?

Gary
gwinn7

from my switchboard i have about 6 reports i produce and at present i have the basic paremeter input box appering up when i load my report. I wish to replace the input boxes with a form that accepts the value and passes it to my report the same way my input boxes do.

Ok, then, just dynamically create the SQL in your code when the values are updated and reset the RecordSource of those reports, or forms

Gary
gwinn7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back