Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query dropping data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akart

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I have run a query that prints multiple invoices but there is data missing from the pages.
When i print only one invoice the pages have all the data.
There appears to be a lack of memory on this long query (sometimes takes 10 minutes)

This sometimes works and other times drops data.

Is there some way of tweaking sql to not drop data from query? (or is there something else you think may be going wrong?)

Any help appreciated,
Akart

First, SQL does not drop data. It returns what is asked for. Maybe the data isn't there or your query didn't properly ask for it.

Now, the OS can drop data. A computer only has so much RAM, maybe your system doesn't have enough to handle the output. When the data is outputted to the monitor, it has to be 'held' somewhere - that's in RAM.

Could be wrong, but I believe you don't have enough memory if you are seeing a data loss.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

More information, please.

-------------------------------------
A sacrifice is harder when no one knows you've made it.

The problem seems to have dissapated.

A setting in Query time out was set to 3000 however the printing query sometimes took 3 hours.
I chenged the query time-out to 6 hours and seems ok so far.

Rgs

Akart

3 hours? Criminy!

-------------------------------------
A sacrifice is harder when no one knows you've made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back