Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Criteria after Appending a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bickertk

Programmer
Aug 26, 2002
GB
I have appended some employee information to a history table.

I have now made a report from a query for this table. I get the information on the report alright. However, when I go back to the query and insert the criteria "Surname" and then run the report I am not getting the opportunity to input the employee I want on the report. It still gives me everyone.

Is this because I have appended to a History table or can anyone think of an answer to this problem?

I would appreciate the help.

Is your query criteria something like [Enter surname:] , in the SurName field? If so, opening the report should cause the query to fire, and you should get the parameter prompt. You must have a typo or something somewhere, the fact that you're appending to a history table should have no effect on things. (Unless there's something you're not telling us...:)

Jim Me? Ambivalent? Well, yes and no....
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back