Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

query by group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsheflin

Programmer
Dec 5, 2007
US
Hello,

I don't see how to query by group in the advanced query section. ACT6

Any ideas?

thanks

What do you mean "Query by group"?

You can't do a lookup by Groups in the Advanced area... that area can only lookup by fields.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

sorry, to be more specific I mean I am trying to do an advanced query and want something like "does not contain X group names".

so group isn't a field? what is it? can I do an advanced query with it?

Specifically, I want contacts with X zip code, not in X group. I have the zip code query working fine, but not sure how to refer to group.

thanks

you're really not sure?

i can't believe it! you answer everything ACT related!!!

i've seen you save so many people's day!!!

oh man now i'm depressed...lol

so if it's not a field, what would it be? i come from an sql background and i just expected it to be a field

any thoughts on that?

Groups are a table, not a field... this is why a contact can belong to multiple groups.

Even in ACT! 6, which was CadeBase :)

Not sure because I haven't personally used that add-on... everything else I post is from memory and only what I've tested.

For a free forum I don't have the time to actually test the solutions I post if I haven't done so already :-(

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

so do you know if a person can do a join between two tables (group and i suppose contacts)?

thanks again

Not a standard feature... certainly possible for a developer using the SDK.

Try asking Gilles at Exponenceil (the guys who do that add-on) to see if it can do it.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Not a standard feature... certainly possible for a developer using the SDK.

I haven't been able to find the SDK for ACT6 anywhere, seems to be no longer available. Maybe I should start a new thread for that?

Try asking Gilles at Exponenceil (the guys who do that add-on) to see if it can do it.

I'll do that - but my boss is pretty darn cheap.

thanks

that would be so great if you could

thanks either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back