Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query by form - Need Help with SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcarfan

Programmer
Jan 29, 2003
US
I am using a query by for technique that generates a report. I have 5 fields that are combo boxes on the form that designates what criteria is to be queried. When the information is input into the fields, the query and the report work GREAT. However, I want to be able to leave fields blank and it pull back ALL criteria.

Example:

I have a drop down box that lists Team Names. I want to be able to leave that combo box empty and the query pull back information for ALL Teams.

I have succesfully implemented this on another database that I created, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember how I did it. Even looking at the structure of that database, I still cant remember.

I appreciate the link. However, I cannot seem to get that to work in this particular form. I have approached it from every possible angle. Even cutting, pasting, and renaming the code as provided in the brinkster link.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back