Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Builder query

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowlgl

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
US
New to Crystal Enterprise and Query Builder. We are on CE XI r2 and I need to get a listing of all reports (Object Name) and the folder path (\Home\folder_1\folder_2....). If at all possible, getting the associated datasource for each Object Name would be a plus. Has anyone authored such a query and can share or provide help in creating such a query? Will be much appreciated. Thank you

This is not necessarily a simple task, nor do I think you'll be able to do it in one step.

The first thing I would to would be to run the following query in Query Builder:

Select top 5 *
from CI_INFOOBJECTS
where kind = 'Crystal'

That will give a list of all of the properties for a report. It's been a while since I've done much with the SDK, but IIRC, to get the path, you'll need to walk up through the SI_PARENTID to get it. If you can read code, you could download the SDK tutorial sample from my website ( There are queries in there that you could run in Query Builder that will pull this type of information.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back